Monday, September 12, 2011

Gift of Grace

Our Disciples of Christ upbringing led both Kevin and I to dedicate our children as babies and give them the opportunity to choose to be baptized if/when they chose to follow a Christian life.  Emma was ready to be baptized this fall.  She requested to be baptized in a private service by her Grandpa.  I was both touched and nervous to have her ask to be baptized by Grandpa because I remember my baptism by her Grandpa (my dad) and the tears and shaky voice that I saw and heard.  I wondered if it would be difficult for him to baptize his granddaughter.  This time, I was the one with the tears and the shaky voice as I witnessed this incredible birth of new Christian life for my daughter.  Pride and love overwhelmed me as I heard her promise to accept Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior.  We are so proud of our daughter - beautiful both inside and out!  She will experience her first communion on Sunday, October 2nd during our regular morning worship service.  It is a special day we are all anticipating...another special and exciting day, just like Saturday, September 10th.

No comments:

Post a Comment