We have always "celebrated" the Kentucky Derby.....I can remember the first year we were married and two of Kevin's fraternity buddies were visiting us over the weekend of the Derby....and they had to watch it with us! My niece's baptism was the same day as the Derby, and we celebrated her baptism and the Derby at the same party! My girls are well aware that for a half hour on the first Saturday in May, they're going to have to stand and sing "My Old Kentucky Home" with their mother and watch a bunch of horses run around a track. We've always enjoyed the Derby....but I finally got my act together early enough to have an "official" Derby party...complete with Derby pie and Mint Juleps (although nobody but Katy enjoyed them). I've been told this should be the beginning of an annual tradition! It was definitely a lot of fun!!!

Girls all ready for the party
Ken's horse came in last out of our group....so, he got a rusty horseshoe to take home
No comments:
Post a Comment