Monday, March 16, 2009

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!

I'm not sure who my children are these days! Don't get me wrong, I love them. I love them all the time, but sometimes I wish for better behavior, better eating, etc.....
The past couple of days have truly been wonderful! We've all had so much fun together as a family, not doing anything exciting, just being together! It was a great weekend even when all we did was run errands and play outside! The weather has been fabulous lately - I hope it stays around! We're all ready for spring!
We got home today and played outside and eventually came in to eat dinner. I sat at the table with a big girl on my right eating two platefuls of chicken, big helpings of mac 'n cheese and corn, and two bowls of applesauce...on my left was a smaller girl eating a heaping helping of applesauce, two bowls of corn, and some mac 'n cheese. And, the conversation begins:
Me (looking at Emma): "Who are you and what have you done with my Emma?"
Emma (laughing at me): "Mom, I'm your Emma!"
Me: "You can't be my Emma because my Emma doesn't eat this much food!"
Emma just laughs
Me (to both girls): "We just might have to go get a treat tonight after dinner."
Emma (yelling with excitement): "Handel's!?"
Me: "Yep, Handel's."
Emma (with an arm pump) "Yes!"
Me (to Allie): "Allie, do you want to go get some ice cream?"
Allie (with huge smiles and jumping up and down): "Yes, I want to go get ice cream!"

Well, as soon as the words were out of my mouth, we just couldn't move fast enough for Allie! She was so excited to go get ice cream! Allie LOVES ice cream. Emma usually likes a bite or two of Daddy's Hurricane, but Allie can eat a whole scoop of vanilla all by herself!

So, here's my two wonderful girls enjoying their ice cream this evening.

1 comment: